Leeds United Newco - New 606 Sports Forum

Leeds United Newco
26-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Leeds United Newco
From the Leeds United board, for the benefit of those who think the change from 'Oldco' to 'Newco' means the 'death' of the Football Club.

(16-07-2012 01:40 PM)Jimbo Wrote:  
(16-07-2012 03:10 AM)Larry-AV Wrote:  Sir David Murray - overspent at Rangers but thought he could cover this from his business empire. Plans destroyed by the 2008 financial Crash and consequently left Rangers in debt to Lloyds Bank (and others).
Craig Whyte - borrowed from Ticketus to repay Lloyds Bank and buy Rangers from SDM in 2011, then failed to pay over collected PAYE and NI to HMRC, leading to Administration and with Rangers in even more debt.

How does Bates at Leeds Utd compare to those two ?

Also, how does the prospective buyer of Leeds Utd compare to the above three ?

Leeds is totally debt free, the old company that owned Leeds went bust, Bates created a new one that borrowed money from other Bates companies, giving him the most creditor votes. He then voted to pay 1p in the £ owed and paid off the small debt. This was then resold to Bates recently making him the majority owner.

As for the new owners, nobody really has all the facts, but some rumours are that he is a member of the Bahrain royal family and worth many billions.

AVFC RFC SAFC
User Tools
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 11:19 PM
RE: Leeds United Newco
Ok larry hmrc thread

23-02-2012 @ 8.37pm check out trusevich comment of

How do you relegate a club that no longer exists?

This was in response to someone saying

If the gers have to go into liquidation will they be relegated?

05-03-2012 @ 5.33pm frankies post

Followed by mr whitehouses comments re the definition of "liquidation""Let’s be clear here of definitions of liquidation,” he said. “If your view of liquidation is a process of cessation of the football club we are very hopeful and confident that will not happen. In terms of the way forward, we have never discounted the possibility [of a so-called ‘new- co’ Rangers replacing the current club]

04-04-2012 @ 11.40 am frankies post which included qoute from administrator

We do not think that liquidation and the closure of the club is a likely outcome at all "

Paul clarke of duff and phelps february 16th

06-04-2012 @ 2.53pm my own post relating to fans opposition to luquidation and they were going to.walk away from.club if it happened.

It seems a lot has changed since rangers were actually liquidated. Opinions have become rather flexible. Trusevich seemingly thinks the club is dead from his post and the administrators seemed to think liquidation pointed to death of club, also fans were walking away from club in event of liquidation as history would be gone. My oh my how things have changed.
User Tools
26-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Leeds United Football Club - Oldco goes bust, replaced by a Newco. Is Leeds United FC 'dead' and has Leeds United FC lost its History ?

AVFC RFC SAFC
User Tools
26-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Larry this its the company.thats dead fairytale only started when liquidation became a serious possibilty. I wonder how uefa views it?
User Tools
26-07-2012, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 11:44 PM by FRANKIE PANTAGELLI.)
I bet you some people on that SFA panel are now thinking "we should have suspended them" like the rules were directing them to .

Would have been better all round.

..... A football club will be formed for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed..... (brother walfrid)
User Tools
26-07-2012, 11:46 PM
(26-07-2012 11:36 PM)craigwhytesbankmanager Wrote:  Larry this its the company.thats dead fairytale only started when liquidation became a serious possibilty. I wonder how uefa views it?

I have a daft question. Why do you actually care that some people are believing the club to be the same one as before? It's obvious that you do care as you take great pains to point out this fact on a regular basis.

I find that quite sad to be honest.
User Tools
27-07-2012, 12:14 AM
(26-07-2012 11:19 PM)craigwhytesbankmanager Wrote:  Ok larry hmrc thread

23-02-2012 @ 8.37pm check out trusevich comment of

How do you relegate a club that no longer exists?

This was in response to someone saying

If the gers have to go into liquidation will they be relegated?

Aye, some context would be good. Doh!

And maybe a recognition of the usage of sarcasm.

I've said right from the start that Rangers FC would not, have not, and will not 'die' and that their history would be retained.

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."
User Tools
27-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Think this is simple
people will believe what they want

to me sevco will never be able to claim the history

Trus and worth believe diffrently

thats 3 in a row ..can we do double figures?
User Tools
27-07-2012, 12:29 AM
So the SFA's opinion carries no weight?

Sorry, maybe I need to shout that, what with you and those fingers in your ears. . .

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."
User Tools
27-07-2012, 12:35 AM
No not in any way

thats 3 in a row ..can we do double figures?
User Tools